Select Data Inc., a home healthcare business processing company located in Anaheim, has an immediate opening for an experienced Coding Specialist.
• Provide accurate and timely assignment of ICD-9-CM codes diagnoses from careplans submitted by clients
• Electronically submit coded diagnoses to agencies within (8) working hours of receiving record
• Meet and exceed a productivity standard
• Assign ICD-9-CM code and diagnoses on referral (or careplan) for some client’s payors
• Act as resource for Document Review Nurses regarding ICD-9-CM coding
• Perform other tasks related to this position as assigned
• Home Health coding experience and HCS-D certificate
• Coding course completion and current AHIMA, CCS or RHIT credential
• Computer literate and knowledge of general Windows applications
• Type 45 wpm
• Completion of medical terminology course
• Ability to work independently
• Effective communication and organizational skills
• Remote coding considered
Company offers competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) plan, Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care expenses, and credit union membership. Please forward resume to email@example.com or fax to (714) 577-1033.